Enter your postcode below to find YourPlumber
call us FREE 24/7 on
0800 988 8899
for Service when you need it
Here at YourPlumber we collect information for two main purposes:
- To carry out our core business activities of servicing our customers' needs for trade services
- To select and recruit franchisees and employees
i. Collecting Information
Customers may contact YourPlumber with requests for further information or services through the mediums of email, telephone, our website, fax or post. For all of these options, be it for residential customers or commercial customers, the information is handled in the same manner.
For YourPlumber to process an order or information request, we require personal information; name address, contact details and in some cases payment details. Users have the right to withhold information that is not required for the order or information process. We only use the personal information to process the services requested.
When a user of the YourPlumber Franchise website selects the option of submitting their details for a call back for further information, each user will be asked to provide specific information in order for us to assess their suitability for the purchase of a franchise. The personal information is only used to assess candidates for the suitability for interview with the potential to become partners in business.
ii. How we use your information
All personal information submitted is stored securely and is held in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. YourPlumber only use this information solely for the purpose of processing the individuals' request for information on a product / service or the purchase of a franchise.
Please note that some of the personal information we hold about you may be 'sensitive personal data' within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998(particularly in the case of a request for information regarding the purchase of a franchise).
Information you provide or we hold may be used by us, or our agents and Franchisees to:
- Identify you when you contact us
- Help run, and contact you with the improved running, of any accounts, services and products we have provided before, or provide now or in the future
- Carry out marketing analysis and consumer profiling to create statistical information
- Help to prevent and detect fraud or loss
- Contact you about products and services, or special promotions offered by us. If you DO NOT wish to hear about such products, services or news please notify us by one of the communication methods detailed in Section iv.
iii. Information Sharing
We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information to any third parties. However, in certain circumstances we have may allow other people or organisations to use information we hold about you. These include:
- To provide services outside of our company network that you have requested
- If we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes; or
- As part of current or future legal proceedings
In certain cases of applying for credit through us, we may check your details with one or more licensed credit-reference and fraud prevention agencies. We and they may keep a record of this search. If a person provides false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, this is also recorded and reported. This information may be used by us, and other organisations may search these records to:
- Help make decisions about credit and credit-related services for you and members of your household
- Trace debtors, recover debt and prevent fraud, and manage your insurance policies
- Check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you give us satisfactory proof of your identity; and
- Carry out statistical analysis about credit, insurance and fraud
We accept communication via the following methods:
- Telephone 0800 988 8899 or 01202 862786
- Fax 01202 862790
- In writing to Arena Business Centre, 9 Nimrod Way, Ferndown, Dorset BH21 7SH
- Via email or through our website
- If you do communicate with us using the internet, we may occasionally email you about our services and products. When you first give us personal information through our website, we will normally give you the opportunity to say whether you would prefer us not to contact you by e-mail. However, you can always send us an e-mail (at the address set out below) at any time if you change your mind.
- Please remember that communications over the Internet, such as e-mails and web mails (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered - this is the nature of the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
- We may use 'cookies' to monitor how people use our site. This helps us to understand how our customers and potential customers use our website so we can develop and improve the design, layout and function of the sites. A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive, which records how you have used a website. This means that when you go back to that website, it can give you tailored options based on the information it has stored about your last visit. You can normally alter the settings of your browser to prevent it from accepting cookies.
v. Further information & Contact Us
We follow strict procedures in the storage and disclosure of information in which you have provided us, in order to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK Data Protection Legislation.
We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by contacting us:
The Information Officer
Arena Business Centre
9 Nimrod Way
T. 0800 99888899